Vanguard College Preparatory School
2013-2014 Financial Aid Information
Vanguard College Preparatory School offers tuition assistance to assist Waco and Central Texas families who otherwise would not be able to meet school costs. This is in keeping with our desire to maintain a diverse student body with high academic potential.
Visit www.factstuitionaid.com and click on the “applicant sign in button.” Create a new user account and fill out the online form.
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment will be conducting the financial need analysis for Vanguard College Preparatory School for the upcoming 2012-2013 school year. Current families applying for financial aid will need to complete an application and submit the necessary supporting documentation to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment by April 13, 2012. Applicants can apply online at www.factstuitionaid.com. The following information is required in order for FACTS to process your application:
1. Submit a signed and completed paper application or completed online application. Faxed or copied applications will not be accepted. Paper applications received without a signature will not be processed. Please do not submit multiple applications. FACTS will process one application per household—either a paper application or an online application.
2. Payment of the $25 nonrefundable application fee.
3. Copies of your 2010 or 2011 IRS Federal Form 1040, 1040A or 1040-EZ U.S. Individual Income Tax Return (2 pages), including all supporting tax Schedules C or C-EZ, Schedule E, Schedule F, Depreciation Form 4562, S Corporation Form 1120S (4 pages) & Schedule K-1 and Form 8825, Partnership Form 1065 (5 pages) & Schedule K-1 and Form 8825, Estates and Trusts Form 1041 & Schedule K-1. If applicant and co-applicant file separately, we require both tax returns for the same tax year. We do NOT accept State tax returns. Any DRAFT or PRE-VIEW copies of the Tax Return will NOT be accepted. If you submit an Amended Form 1040X Tax Return we will need the original Tax Return that was submitted to the IRS>
4. Copies of all 2011 W-2 Wage and Tax Statements for both you and your spouse. NOTE: If you are applying before you have received all 2011 W-2 Wage and Tax Statements, please submit them as soon as they become available.
5. Copies of all supporting documentation for household Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). Supporting documentation must be provided even if you do not file a Tax Return.
Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for your paper application to be processed. If you have provided an email address, make sure to check the primary e-mail address regularly for Notices sent by FACTS indicating missing information or tax documents. Application deadlines are set by the school or institution awarding the scholarships. If you are applying after a given deadline date, please contact your school or institution to ensure that your application will be accepted.
NOTE: Award decisions are not made by FACTS, but by the organization providing the scholarship.
If you have any questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 1-866-315-9262. Fax supporting documents to 866-315-9264. Or feel free to contact:
Director of Advancement
Phone (254) 772-8111