Vanguard Admissions Application and Information
Vanguard College Preparatory School admits qualified students regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical disabilities. Students are admitted when previous academic/personal records and admission testing indicate that there is a reasonable chance for success. In the event that class size is at capacity, applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
To Request More Information – click here.
To put your child on the prospective list for 2017-18, please click below to start an application. An application must be completed to be on the prospective student list for 2017-18.
Please contact the school for an individual tour.
Please use the information below as a guideline to help you check off completed steps for the admissions process. The process includes the following steps:
- Online Application - Click here
- $85 Application fee - processed online
- Files to upload to your application
- Transcript/report cards. High School students please send the official high school transcript.
- Writing Sample
- 2 Teacher Recommendations
- Updated Current Immunization Record
- Visit with Head of School/Director of Admissions
- We encourage applicants to schedule a day “shadowing” a student at Vanguard.
- OLSAT readiness test given at Vanguard by appointment
- Math Placement test given in May after accepted
- Any Junior or Senior applying to Vanguard must have a special interview and will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Your admissions file is opened once we receive a completed application and fee.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2017-18 APPLICATIONS:
- For admissions – the next deadlines for admissions applications is March 14. After this round, we then offer rolling admissions based on availability.
- After careful review of the applications with the application committee, acceptance letters/contracts for complete application files sent out starting March 26th. After March 26th, admissions are done on a rolling basis until grade capacity is met.
- All applications that are requesting tuition assistance must be submitted at the same time of the applications.
- Many grades may have a waiting list.
If applying for Tuition Assistance –
- FACTS Tuition Assistance application– FACTS Application must be submitted at time of the application – www.factstuitionaid.com
- Please note that the process of awarding tuition assistance is a two-step The Tuition Assistance Application must be completed at the time of the application submission to be considered. Application/Assistance will be reviewed only after both are completed. Students will be accepted on a rolling basis once all assets are complete. Tuition assistance files are reviewed monthly.
Information on the – Baylor Bright Scholarship Opportunity
Admissions Questions – Admissions@vanguard.org
Director of Advancement Chelsa_Ressetar@vanguard.org – 254.772.8111