Vanguard students’ superior test scores do not count for everything, but they do serve as one more reminder of the challenging, highest quality college preparatory education that Vanguard College Preparatory School provides. Students are thoroughly prepared to meet the rigorous demands of the universities to which they have gained admission.
What is the secret to Vanguard students’ success?
- A high percentage of our faculty has advanced degrees in their field. They are passionate about teaching and eager to share their extensive knowledge of their subject with their pupils.
- Small teacher to student ratios allow for a high degree of individual attention from the teacher and meaningful small group engagement.
- Vanguard students are not beholden to the ever-changing required state testing, and can instead focus on developing higher level critical thinking skills, which they easily utilize when placed in a test environment.
- All Vanguard students enrolled in an AP course must take that course’s corresponding exam at the end of the school year.
84% of Vanguard AP students scored a 3 or higher (passing) on their AP tests.
53% of our junior and senior students who are eligible to take AP classes choose to do so. Nine sophomores chose to take the United States History AP exam (with a mean score of 3.44)!
- The mean Calculus AB Vanguard student score was 4.31 compared to the Texas state average of 2.56, a 1.75 point advantage. One Vanguard student took the Calculus BC AP exam and scored a 5.
- 100% pass rate for Art History, Calculus AB/BC, and Computer Science.
- Art History (Mean Score: 4.38)
- Calculus AB (Mean Score: 4.31)
- Calculus BC (1 Student scored 5)
- Computer Science (1 Student scored 3)
- Vanguard scored above the state average in Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, European History, and US History.
- 45% of AP tests taken scored a 4 or 5 (up from 40% last year)
- Mean Scores for Art History, Biology, and US History are the highest they have been in 5 years.
- 1 Vanguard student scored 5s on all 8 AP Exams while at Vanguard.
- 1 Vanguard student scored 5s on all 3 AP Exams taken this year.
- Awards: 41% of 11th/12th grade AP Exam testers earned an AP Award
- AP Scholar - 5 Students
- AP Scholar with Honors - 3 Students
- AP Scholar with Distinction - 7 Students
- National AP Scholar - 1 Students
- For additional information on the AP Scholar Selection Criteria - Click here
Total exams taken: 93
Number of AP Subject Exams taken: 12
- Art History
- Calculus AB
- Calculus BC
- Computer Science
- English Language and Composition
- English Literature and Composition
- European History
- Spanish Language and Culture
- United States History