Road to the 50th
Estimated Construction Timeline
- Demolition began for the Athletic Complex on April 10th, 2023.
- Demolition of front entry week of April 17th
- Late April Groundwork in front of gym
- April 28 – Last day of Access to Gym 1
- June and July – Work on flooring in gyms
- August – Gym 1 flooring and we may get some parking spaces back
- April, 2024 – Projected completion date of complex – subject to change.
- **Timeline may change due to weather or construction issues
Athletic Complex Vision
The plan is to have Gym I floor available for use in August.
The estimated time to complete the addition, Gym 1 and Gym 2, based on good weather and construction materials is 12 months.
The Gym facilities are used by 95% of our student population for sports or PE and by all of our students for assemblies. And it’s the most visited building by the public. Bathrooms were not working, there was no air conditioning in Gym 2 and the floors, benches, locker rooms, office and other spaces needed to be renovated or brought up to standard. With the renovations, we’ll be able to attract tournaments, service our school, attract students, and inspire our student athletes. It will have the highest visibility to begin the campus transformation.
We do have gifts made toward Classrooms and are currently working with donors on both. This will take everyone’s participation to improve our campus and meet the needs of our students.
- Naming rights have been awarded for the Athletic Complex, 3 classrooms, the athletic director’s office, and the concessions stand.
- If you’re interested in naming rights various levels are available. (Rights include Digital Score Board, Locker Rooms, Floors, Foyer, Sound system, Weight equipment, lockers and more)
- Click Here to see Naming Rights
- Contact Greta Knoll for more information.
- Click Here to see who has supported the capital campaign.
- New Public Bathrooms, New Bleachers, New Floors, New Screen for assemblies and sports, AC in Gym 2, Windows to view Gym 2 from the Community Corridor, Hall of Fame, New Weight Room, Locker Rooms for outdoor sports, Training Room, New Athletic Directors’ Office, Coaches’ Office, Donor Wall, Floor Coverings to protect the gym floor for assemblies.
- Phase 1- Silent phase securing lead gifts and estate gifts
- Phase 2 – Continued Lead Gifts and multi year pledges
- Phase 3 – Alumni, Alumni Families and all current Viking families
The Swanson Athletic Complex was updated in 2006 – 17 years ago. Gym 2 was added in 1992.
- The Road to the 50th is a 5 year Campaign.
Capital Campaigns are an intense concerted effort to raise funds over a defined time period. This campaign is investment in the campus facilities. It builds the school’s assets and builds capacity for the school. It also benefits the community with athletic, performing arts, and facilities which at times serve the larger community. The campaign involves a number of people helping to make this possible. It is a team effort.
The Annual Fund Campaign raises money to cover day-to-day operations of schools, which includes salaries, supplies, program costs, utilities, routine maintenance, etc. Only 85% of our operating budget is covered by tuition. The Annual Fund, Bingo, and other fundraisers make it possible to sustain the school at the highest academic standard.
- Additional Teachers
- Salary increases for all teachers
- New UnderArmour agreement for all uniforms across all sports
- 2 Athletic Directors
- New 6th grade building
- New AP Course
- New lunch serving room for Middle School and new outdoor picnic tables
- New Collaborative Desks
- 10 new computers, projectors and screens
- New Drill Team
- Viking Parent Crew Gifts – The VPC donated over $50,000.00 to the programs below that came via Teacher Wish List items and current school needs.
- School Classroom Projection Needs
- Mrs. James – Music Department
- Mr. Priest & Mr. James – Theatre Department
- Ms. Shanholtz – Art Department –
- Mrs. Alexander – Sapphire Drill Team Start-Up Equipment Global
- Academics – Total Academic Investment – $25,800
- Athletic Dept. Support – $20,000
- Road to the 50th donation and pledge providing naming rights to the updated gym concessions stand. – $25,000 total over 5 years
Yes, the open green space and outdoor element remain an integral part of Vanguard’s campus. Students have the option to spend time outdoors passing between classes, breaktime, outdoor lunch, and outdoor learning spaces.
Gym 1 will still be available through April.
Softball Field entrance will be at the back.
The batting cage will not be accessible.
Yes, more information coming about general workouts for all Vikings.
The Construction team knows Gym 1 needs to be ready to go August 1st for Volleyball. Gym completion in time for fall sports is the priority.
For Current parents and students – please check FACTS Announcements for updated information and the Wednesday memo construction section.