Vanguard College Preparatory School is a non-parochial, independent school in Waco, Texas that prepares our students for academic success and fulfilling lives. The foundation of the Vanguard experience is based on our core values – rigor, responsibility, and respect. The community of Vanguard students, faculty, administrators, and parents are committed to a personalized learning experience that prepares each student to excel at the collegiate level. This commitment is what truly makes Vanguard Waco’s best high school.
Please use the information below as a guideline to help you check off completed steps for the admissions process. The process includes the following steps:
- Online Application Click here
- $85 Application fee - processed online
- Files to upload to your application
- Transcript/report cards. High School students please send the official high school transcript.
- Writing Sample
- 2 Teacher Recommendations via email addresses
- Updated Current Immunization Record
- Visit with Head of School/Director of Admissions
- We encourage applicants to schedule a day “shadowing” a student at Vanguard.
- OLSAT readiness test given at Vanguard by appointment
- Math Placement test in May after accepted
- Any Junior or Senior applying to Vanguard must have a special interview and will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Your admissions file is opened once we receive a completed application and fee.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2020-21 APPLICATIONS:
- Deadlines for admission applications are January 31, 2020, and March 1, 2020. After those rounds, we then offer rolling admissions based on availability.
- After careful review of the applications by the Application Committee, acceptance emails will be sent out starting February 7, 2020, and March 7, 2020.
- Starting March 8, 2020, admissions are done on a rolling basis until grade capacity is met.
- All applications that are requesting tuition assistance must be submitted at the same time of the applications.
- Many grade levels may have a waiting list. Admissions are processed on a rolling basis until grade capacity is met.
If applying for Tuition Assistance:
- FACTS Tuition Assistance application– FACTS Application must be submitted at time of the application.
- Please note that the process of awarding tuition assistance is a two-step The Tuition Assistance Application must be completed at the time of the application submission to be considered. Application/Assistance will be reviewed only after both are completed. Students will be accepted on a rolling basis once all assets are complete. Tuition assistance files are reviewed monthly.
Vanguard College Preparatory School admits qualified students regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical disabilities. Students are admitted when previous academic/personal records and admission testing indicate that there is a reasonable chance for success. In the event that class size is at capacity, applicants will be placed on a waiting list.