Vanguard College Preparatory School Grant and Aid Information

Vanguard College Preparatory School offers tuition assistance to assist Waco and Central Texas families.  This is in keeping with our desire to maintain a diverse student body with high academic potential.

The purpose of tuition assistance is to enhance the student body of Vanguard College Preparatory School. The school attracts and retains deserving and talented children whose families qualify for such assistance. The admission decision is based solely on each student’s academic and personal qualities independent of the family’s ability to meet the cost of a Vanguard education. Thus, admission to Vanguard and the awarding of financial aid are two separate decisions.

The first step in applying for Grant and Aid is to apply for admission. Please complete the Admission Application online in the Admissions Application section of the website.

  • Requirements for Financial Aid

    To receive aid for the first time, a student must be accepted for admission to Vanguard College Preparatory School. Parents are asked to complete the online application and take our entrance exam. This holds the student’s place while financial aid awards are being processed.  In addition, the student must exhibit exemplary citizenship and a positive classroom attitude reflected by good grades. The student must also have actively participated in the life of the school community. Finally, the Parents’ Financial Statement must show demonstrated financial need. To receive aid in subsequent years, the student must continue to meet the above requirements and parents must submit to Facts each year.

  • Divorced Parents

    Because financial aid is based on a family’s ability to meet the cost of an education at Vanguard, a family will be defined as consisting of both natural parents of the applicant, any step-parent, plus any children from the original marriage along with any children produced by the current marriage. The school will not be bound by the assertion of one parent, including a divorce decree, that he/she is not responsible legally or otherwise for educational expenses. Thus, both parents must provide the information that is requested on the Parents’ Financial Statement that is filed each year with the School and Student Services. If this information is not available at the time the application is evaluated, it may cause an arbitrary assessment of the financial need to be made by the school. This may result in a lesser award or no award at all.

Visit FACTS Management Co. to create a new user account and fill out the online form.

Once an online application has been completed, the following information will need to be sent to FACTS to complete the application process:

• Copies of your most recent Federal tax forms including all supporting tax schedules.
• Copies of your 2019 or 2020 W-2 forms for both you and your spouse.
• Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and TANF.

All supporting documentation can be uploaded in pdf format online.  Documentation can also be faxed to 1-866-315-9264 or mailed to the address below. Please be sure to include the applicant ID on all faxed or mailed correspondence.

Click here for a flyer with information from FACTS.

FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment
P.O. Box 82524
Lincoln, NE 68501-2524

There will be a $35 nonrefundable application fee assessed by FACT Management Co. for processing your Grant and Aid information.

If you have questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 1-866-441-4637.

How to Use a 529 Plan for Private School

A 529 plan isn’t just for college. Find out below how to use the funds for your children’s private elementary and high school education.

  • A 529 plan is a tax-advantaged investment account similar to an IRA. It lets you save money for higher education expenses. But now, you can also use it for private elementary and high schools.  Most plans let you set it and forget it. Automatic deposits can be set up from your checking account or via a payroll deduction.  The money in the account is managed by an outside investment firm hired by the program manager or the state treasurer’s office. These plans are a very hands-off way to save for college.
  • Using your 529 account is simple. You withdraw funds and transfer them to your checking account. From there, it’s cash you can put toward your children’s education. But what’s actually covered? It depends on whether you use it for elementary/high school or college. As a college savings account, the 529 plan is eligible for a relatively wide range of qualified expenses.
  • For primary or secondary education expenses, you can only use your 529 money to pay for tuition—nothing else. The plan won’t cover any other expenses like field trips, school supplies, or booksThe limit for withdrawals is $10,000 per year. Withdrawals used for any expense other than tuition will be hit with a 10% penalty. And you’ll also be required to pay ordinary income tax on earnings.


Questions – Email Tuition Assistance

Chelsa Brindley Ressetar
Director of Advancement
Phone: (254) 772-8111
Email Chelsa Ressetar