Vanguard College Preparatory School admits qualified students regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical disabilities. Students are admitted when previous academic/personal records and admission testing indicate that there is a reasonable chance for success. In the event that class size is at capacity, applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
To apply, please click below to start an application.An application must be completed to be on the prospective student list for 2019-20.
Please use the information below as a guideline to help you check off completed steps for the admissions process. The process includes the following steps:
- Online Application Click here
- $85 Application fee - processed online
- Files to upload to your application
- Transcript/report cards. High School students please send the official high school transcript.
- Writing Sample
- 2 Teacher Recommendations via email addresses
- Updated Current Immunization Record
- Visit with Head of School/Director of Admissions
- We encourage applicants to schedule a day “shadowing” a student at Vanguard.
Your admissions file is opened once we receive a completed application and fee.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2019-20 APPLICATIONS:
- Deadlines for admission applications are January 30, 2019, and March 1, 2019. After those rounds, we then offer rolling admissions based on availability.
- After careful review of the applications by the Application Committee, acceptance emails will be sent out starting February 4, 2019, and March 8, 2019.
- Starting March 9, 2019, admissions are done on a rolling basis until grade capacity is met.
- All applications that are requesting tuition assistance must be submitted at the same time of the applications.
- Many grade levels may have a waiting list. Admissions are processed on a rolling basis until grade capacity is met.
If applying for Tuition Assistance:
- FACTS Tuition Assistance application– FACTS Application must be submitted at time of the application - www.factstuitionaid.com
- Please note that the process of awarding tuition assistance is a two-step The Tuition Assistance Application must be completed at the time of the application submission to be considered. Application/Assistance will be reviewed only after both are completed. Students will be accepted on a rolling basis once all assets are complete. Tuition assistance files are reviewed monthly.